Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Beginning

It is the beginning of my blogging life, but definitely not the beginning of my life as a consumer, a person surrounded by brand messages every day and all day. This blog is meant to provide a record of the impressions that brands make on my life and how I end up making decisions as a consumer to buy, ignore, or store them for later use.

I realize that I will not be able to include every single advertising, marketing, and PR impression that I see, feel, smell, taste, or hear each day. Therefore, my focus will be on those impressions or connections that make a lasting impact on my life as a consumer or at a minimum break through my cluttered brain of categorized brands.

These impressions can be both positive and negative. I will call the postive ones "brand connections" and the negative ones "brand breaks."

Full disclosure - I work for an advertising agency. However, I see this as a benefit and not a bias. I hope you see it the same. Let's begin...

No comments:

Post a Comment