Saturday, February 27, 2010

White Castle & Undercover Boss, Olympics & The Marriage Ref

White Castle
I don't see much advertising or marketing by White Castle, even though we have a few locations around Minneapolis. Therefore, they are not typically top of mind. However, social media has allowed me to stay in touch with them and find out what is happening. It's a beautiful thing.

I was checking out my feeds on Facebook this morning and White Castle was promoting Undercover Boss. The company and CEO are featured in the upcoming episode. I have seen TV spots or promos (yes, TV still works) for Undercover Boss, but have not watched it yet. I think I'll try to catch the next episdoe. Here the combination of TV and social media has increased my interest in the program.

White Castle is a brand with passionate consumers. It is interesting to view the comments that their fans are making on Facebook. Most of them are asking White Castle to open up a location in their city. Check out how many posts they get from fans: http://bit.ly/avfWDD

The Marriage Ref
If you have been watching the Olympics and have not heard about The Marriage Ref, have you really been paying attention? Did you know that Canada and the U.S. hockey teams are playing for the gold on Sunday?

I like Jerry Seinfeld (big fan of the old Seinfeld show), but for some reason I am not that interested in this new one. I think the reason is that the TV spot does not really tell me what the show is about. Maybe I am not paying attention.

I might try to catch the first episode, but it is not a priority. Word-of-mouth from my friends could be the way that I get more engaged with the show. I'll let you know.

http://www.nbc.com/the-marriage-ref/video/clips/jerry-sets-up-the-show/1199290/

Are you a wacko for White Castle? What Olympic event has engaged you the most? Are you going to watch The Marriage Ref? Let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment