Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Brand Bits 2

I was looking through my Facebook updates from "fan" companies today, here are the ones that resonated with me:

Animal Planet - found out that River Monsters was picked up for a second season. A good show, but not sure how many "monsters" there are in rivers to keep it interesting and engaging. We will find out.

Paramount Pictures - watched TV spot for Transformers, can't wait to see this one. One downfall of the spot was that Megan Fox was no where to be seen.

Six Flags Magic Mountain - I am a big rollercoaster fan, but not a big fan of TV spots that don't deliver. The Terminator Salvation: The Ride spot did not engage me or show much of the ride. There was not much to connect with. A teaser spot needs to tease and this one didn't.

Jamba Juice - they had another Bananaman video. I watched it because the other one was really good. He was at the Special Olympics. Not as good.

Milwaukee Summerfest - KISS is the headliner, I had to go to the Summerfest site to find out who else is playing. Looks like a great time, probably won't be able to make it - too far away.

Samsung Mobile & Ozzy Osbourne TV commercial - ended up watching it, mainly to see Ozzy. Now I can't remember what Samsung was trying to get across, but I did pay more attention to this spot because of Ozzy.

Looking back through the list, I was surprised to see that many of the Facebook updates that I engaged with were TV spots. It seems that I am more willing to watch commercials and even go out of my way to watch them if they are relevant to my interests.

No comments:

Post a Comment