Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Brand Connections On Facebook Part 1

I have been catching up on my Facebook page updates over the past few days, here are the brand updates that caught my eye and that I spent some time with:

Jamba Juice - I am a fan. They have some great content related to their Bananaman mascot. I spent 2 minutes watching a funny video and a couple more scanning other updates and photos. Now I am craving a JJ. We had a location right by our old office, since we moved last July I have not had one. I'll let you know when I do.

Paramount Pictures - I am a fan. They had an update about the new Star Trek movie which included a TV Spot, it showed that the spot was only 17 seconds, so I clicked. If it was longer, I may not have. Good idea to make it short and sweet. I have heard good things about this movie on the radio (KFAN sports station). I wasn't plannning on seeing, but now it has inched up my list. I'll let you know if I end up going.

Flight of the Conchords on HBO - I am a fan. Love this show. The update on Facebook was lame. Just a photo of a fan's dog. Did not extend the brand in my mind.

Ticketmaster - some brands should not be on Facebook, many Facebook users are concert-goers that hate paying transaction fees. They had a coupon offer on Facebook for buying tickets. The update had been out for 35 minutes and only 4 people liked it while two made very negative comments. However, Green Day and Fall Out Boy also had updates that had been out about 35 minutes and they had from 450 - 600 people liking it and 70 - 90 comments (mostly positive).

No comments:

Post a Comment