Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Drag Me To Hell


I found my way to the MySpace homepage today, mainly to join a non-profit group: National Marrow Donor Program's Be The Match (which is a client of ours). I typically do not use/visit MySpace.

When I got to the site there was a large rich media online display ad (see above) taking over the top of the page. It was for the upcoming movie Drag Me To Hell. From the ad you could view the trailer within the ad itself and not have to leave the site. You could see a shorter TV spot, send a "curse" to a friend or visit their web site. There was not much content besides the preview, when I went to the web site it was just the trailer.

When I was looking for movies last week to go see with a friend, I was looking on www.moviefone.com to find what was playing at a nearby theater. I also skimmed through the upcoming/summer movie content and briefly saw Drag Me To Hell, but did not have the time to view it further.

So, I was aware of the movie coming out soon, but did not know much more besides it was directed by Sam Raimi. When I saw the ad on MySpace it gave me the opportunity to engage and learn more (make a brand connection). Unfortunately, there was not much there besides a couple trailer versions.

I am a horror movie fan, but this one has not grab my attention yet. I like Sam Raimi enough to go see it on that alone. However, I wish there was a little more content to help tell me a little more about it, create a deeper connection. At this time it is not a must see for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment