Tuesday, May 5, 2009

KFAN & Crown Royal

Here is my first post that discusses a "brand break."

I listen to KFAN, the local sports radio station in the market, quite frequently. KFAN is not the "brand break." It is a great station with diverse personalities that keep your attention. I particularly like Dan Barreiro during PM Drive. He is not all about sports, he has smart discussions on a variety of topics including legal and political issues. http://kfan.com/main.html

I would say that KFAN is a very strong brand for me personally, at least the radio portion. I do not spend much time on their web site or downloading on-demand content.

The brand break I am talking about is with one of their advertisers, Crown Royal. I hear their spot at least once a day for the last 2 weeks. I am a heavy listener, but if they are targeting passionate sports fans, then they do not need the spot frequency that they currently have.

I am not a fan of the drink anyway, so it probably doesn't matter that their spots are irritating to me. http://www.crownroyal.com/

However, I think KFAN should be more worried, the ad makes me change the station. I wonder if a radio station would ever limit the number of spots that they would sell to a single advertiser.

No comments:

Post a Comment